The Dancing Gift (possibly the best love poem I've ever written)

There are many things which I have difficulty doing (at least so far), but being able to express myself well through poetry is not one of them. This gives me a balance where I'm confident, yet not conceited about my talent.



Love travels with every
synaptic burst, each cell glowing,
from head to toes to free
itself, away as the dance
of giving, which is continuously going.

Embodying love is the divine blood
of being fully alive, of pumping enough
through the body for maximum electricity,
to remember the timelessness of having
once shared love.

When reaching this epiphany,
one realizes fully how the biggest
gift of life is in the giving.
The sharing, if it arrives again would only
be a celebration of a state of love
which has already made a person whole.

Comments

Post a Comment