Intimate Spiritual Diary 5 - Astrology vs. Psychism, Virgos, Neptune, and Why I Quit

TLDR: They’re not the same, I learned loads, and am back on my path.

Astrology is science; pattern recognition and probability assessment. It’s a guide to pinpointing your options.

It’s not a psychic ability.

Not to put down psychics, since I am one.

But this is just in case people don’t know the difference.

Why do I not do card pulls anymore?

It’s draining for me.

Some are suited to it, and can give guidance equal to that of a skilled Astrologer.

It’s draining in part because of my strong Neptunian / Piscean / 12th Astrology connections.

That area of Astrology is concerned with daydreaming, intuition / psychic realm, esotericism, the veil, addiction, loss of self, self-sacrifice and transcendence.

My Rising sign is Pisces, which is ruled by Neptune. My Neptune is in Sagittarius (the affable, laid-back jokester), in the 9th house of higher education, philosophy, mind expansion, publishing and teaching. This makes Neptune my chart ruler.

I also have a Lot (also called Part) of Fortune in Pisces, in the 12th House. This allows for a familiarity and sometimes affinity for computers.

So on the surface, obviously I’m a psychic, and it makes sense that I used to do collective card readings on YouTube. I should have loved it and kept doing it, right?

Wrong.

So much information was coming through. It was overwhelming and I didn’t know who to prioritize sometimes. By the pauses and confused expressions in my videos if you saw them when they were up, this is obvious.

I have 8 Virgo placements in my chart and chances are if you’re reading this, you don’t need to hear about them again :). But in case you haven’t, I’m a Virgo Sun.

Virgo energy, in the 6th where I have most of it, is concerned with routines, self improvement, service to others, health (specifically nutrition), employment, co-workers, duty. (Virgos also tend to have particularly close friendships with pets, though that doesn’t apply here.) We can be very critical of others. Anyone who knows us well, knows that we’re that way because we’re at least as critical of ourselves. We’re known for having such sharp analyzation skills that we often internalize everything that everyone says to us, and examine each detail over and over, to make sure that our behaviours and tasks are perfect. This is a painful process where, depending on our chart compositions and life experiences, we enter sorrowful depths of guilt, shame and recrimination. We feel we have failed. These periods can last longer than they normally do for those with no Virgo primary or secondary placements.

We can also be quite logical. Yet the over analyzation is where logic trips us up. But eventually we remember that logically, no one can expect us to be perfect, and we’re happy again. And yes, we apologize. Don’t let a Virgo convince you that they don’t need to apologize to you for their poor behaviour, even if they were factually right about something.

And so, someone who overanalyzes stuff like that, is not ideal to do fast, accurate readings as a profession. It became too much.

Instead of feeling like a failure because of that, I realized that I was ideal for Astrology. It’s a great way to utilize my analyzation skills in a way I find both most fascinating, and most relaxing.

Comments